Enko Education is looking for an exceptional Finance Officer to be accountable for the overall financial health and efficiency of our new secondary school in Gaborone, Botswana. This is an opportunity to participate in the unique experience of founding a school and in developing a scalable model of international schools in Africa.
Your scope of activity will include:
- Producing an accurate set of management accounts on a monthly basis, according to internal deadlines and local/international accounting standards
- Managing and reporting the school’s cash flows.
- Maintaining a fixed asset register up to date.
- Administrating the company’s payroll on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for school fees collections (communication with parents/reporting of related KPIs to the Principal and HQ).
- Producing an annual budget, reforecast and gate-keeping the approved budget.
- Ensuring tax and legal compliance.
- Managing annual external audit from start to finish, including the review of the financial statements.
- Ensuring compliance with Enko Education’s financial standards & practices.
- Implementing financial policies and processes to ensure operational efficiency.
- Loading all payments and performing the physical filing of accounting and banking documents.
- Participating in procurement initiatives as required by the Principal.
The Finance Officer reports to the Principal and the Chief Financial Officer, based at Enko Education’s headquarters in Johannesburg.
As an ideal candidate, you:
- Are fluent in spoken and written English (French is a plus)
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting/Finance/Audit related fields
- Have at least 2-3 years of work experience in a similar position
- Have a thorough knowledge of tax laws and financial regulations in Botswana
- Are objective-driven and able to work autonomously under minimal supervision
- Are confident to interact with parents and able to handle pressure with composure
- Are organized, know how to prioritize and multitask
- Master Microsoft Excel and at least one accounting software
- Share our excitement and understand the challenges of offering affordable international education in Africa
The applicant must be legally authorized to work in Botswana. Knowing about Botswana’s education landscape is a plus.
About Enko Education
Enko Education is a fast-growing network of African international schools, increasing access to the world’s best universities for learners across Africa.
Enko Education has developed an innovative model. Our programmes lead to globally recognized and sought after qualifications. We are able to offer those at a fraction of the cost charged by other international schools in Africa. Furthermore, Enko learners are supported in their higher education applications through our university guidance programme. It supports them in selecting the right universities and then securing both admission and financing for their studies. We offer an outstanding learning experience striving to educate our learners with Africa at heart and the world in mind.
Enko Education’s model is showing impressive results with learners joining top universities such as Yale University (USA), Sciences Po (France), Lancaster University (Ghana) the University of Toronto (Canada), the African Leadership University (Rwanda) and many more.
With 13 schools across Western and Southern Africa, Enko Education aims to run 40 African international schools in the next five years. Several international financing institutions, including Proparco, I&P, Oiko Credit, BIO and LiquidAfrica, support Enko Education’s ambition.