Interim Head of Finance - Adults/Housing
A West London Borough is currently recruiting for an Interim Head of Finance- Housing/Adults
To be responsible for leading a successful finance team to deliver the core financial management processes within the Adults/Housing directorate this may include some or all of the following:
- Budget setting at the Departmental and overall Council level,
- Production of the year-end financial accounts, for the department the associated close down processes and preparing for and responding to external audit
- Budget monitoring, his includes leading the team to challenge departments/services on the best use of resources available and ensure compliance with the Council’s corporate financial framework. It will also include providing high quality professional financial support and advice.
- Providing operational financial leadership and customer focused support to the Departmental Leadership Team (DLT)
- Ensuring compliance with the Councils corporate financial framework for the relevant department and advising on best use of resources
- Providing personal support and advice to the Executive Director, Directors, Head of Finance and, Cabinet Members and Committees to deliver robust and innovative solutions for the organisation
You will be CCAB Qualified and have extensive knowledge of some or all of either Adults and/or Housing with experience of budget setting, financial monitoring and closing the accounts as well as experience of managing and developing staff.