Senior Management Accountant
My client, a prominent local authority in Essex, is recruiting a Senior Management Accountant to join their Environment and Place Department on an initial 9 month interim basis.
This vital finance management position will involve developing the budget setting and monitoring process while managing a team to assist with the financial needs of the organisation.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows;
- To produce accurate and timely consolidated management accounts.
- Involving redevelopment project based accounting for the local area.
- Advice budget holders on routine accounting matters as required.
- Assist the senior stakeholders in a range of duties, including; budgeting, year end accounts and forecasting.
- Handling the organisations VAT returns.
- Liaise with internal and external auditors when required.
- Maintain the nominal ledger to ensure all transactions are correct whilst insuring that the establishment complies within their financial regulations.
- To oversee the maintenance of the monthly payroll journal.
- Manage a team of 5 finance individuals, promoting personal growth and development.
Key person specification;
- CCAB Accountancy qualification or equivalent.
- Excellent organisational skills, with an ability to work to specific deadlines.
- Experience within the Environment, Redevelopment or Waste departments within a local authority is essential.
- Prior experience managing a team.
- Adaptability to overcome any potential issues and provide innovative solutions.
- Strong communication abilities combined with the confidence to present new ideas to senior members of the institute.
You must be available to start by the 10th June.
If you feel that you posses the skills and the experienced we’re looking for then we would like for you to send us your resume and your ideal day rate. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.