Interim Financial Strategy Manager
Financial Strategy Manager within a local authority based in London. The role will be a 6 -9 month contract at least paying £500 per day.
Key duties include
The ideal candidate will have experience of being involved in financial strategy and MTFS/MTFP with experience of working within local authority and will be able to start a short notice.
- Apply professional judgement to interpret and apply policies and procedures to meet specific local or service needs.
- Provide day to day management and professional supervision to staff to ensure operational plans and activities are delivered effectively.
- Provide assurance that the Council’s operations are being conducted within defined regulatory, statutory and professional standards
- Support the Heads of Finance to coordinate Medium Term
- Financial Planning across the Councils
- Control and coordination of the Council’s Medium Term Financial Planning and detailed budget setting process for reporting to Council Committees and senior officers within required timescales
- Analysis of grant settlements and forecasting of income from Council Tax, Business Rates, Grants and other sources
- Respond to consultations and assess the financial impact of new legislation as required
- Production of Collection Fund accounts and forecasting for the Council
- Work with Financial Reporting Manager and relevant departments to ensure statutory returns relating to Financial Planning, Business Rates and Council Tax are completed accurately and on time
What’s on offer?
£500 per day