Interim HRA Accountant
HRA Accountant within a local authority based in London. The role will be a 6 month contract at least paying £400 per day.
Key duties include
The ideal candidate will have experience of being an HRA Accountant with experience of working within local authority and will be able to start a short notice.
- Preparing the monthly management accounts pack including detailed management accounts, staff establishment costs and variance analysis.
- Responsible for monthly accruals and prepayment postings to ensure management accounting data reflects the correct budget profile.
- Reconciling various balance sheet control accounts and investigating differences as necessary and carry out adjustments and amendments.
- Providing variance analysis on HRA income incorporating Rental Income, Service Charges and Major Works Income.
- Manage accounting routines within the ledgers, ensuring deadlines are achieved, and identifying and advising on problems likely to hinder accuracy or the achievement of deadlines.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with a wide range of external stakeholders e.g. residents, HMRC, RBKC, suppliers, customers, auditors, etc
- Liaising with senior managers, directors and budget holders to investigate and explain variances or unexpected outcomes and to reflect the trend on forecast and projections.
- Manage the direct debit collection process for Community Alarm Service clients by preparing the monthly collection file and reconciliation between billed clients and direct debit income collected.
What’s on offer?