Financial Accountant - Department for Exiting the European Union
Financial Accountant – Department for Exiting the European Union
Salary: £31,494 - £46,464 + Accountancy Allowance (£1500 part-qualified / £3000 Qualified)
DExEU is the department tasked with delivering on the historic decision of the British people to leave the EU. We're committed to delivering Brexit and building a successful future for our country outside the EU. Could you play a role in this unique and crucial work?
For us, it's not just about what we do - it's how we do it. We’re a small, exhilarating department focused on policy development and delivery. We offer Civil Servants early exposure to Ministers and senior officials; opportunities to develop critical expertise in the UK’s relationship with the EU; and tailored staff development opportunities that are second to none.
The Corporate Centre sits at the heart of DExEU and provides the operational support for the rest of the Department, covering Security, IT, Estates, Corporate Strategy, Finance and HR.
The Finance team sits within the Corporate Centre and provides the full range of finance services for the Department. The team is responsible for delivery of a number of activities including management of the Department’s Estimates and Budgets, Annual Report and Accounts, Finance Business Partners, Systems and Process Improvement and Management Information
This is a broad role, which will support the Financial Control team across all areas of Finance.
- Review and develop the financial control environment to ensure that it remains relevant to the fluidity of DExEU’s work, and ensuring there is a robust audit trail to support all of the Department’s transactions
- Meet reporting commitments to HMT, CO and HMRC
- Determine and advise on the treatment of spend
- Project managing the delivery of the Departmental Annual Report and Accounts and the Whole of Government Accounts return
- Acting as the central liaison point for the GIAA and NAO for internal audit, financial audit and Value for Money studies
- Work on other ad-hoc corporate projects: due to the size and nature of the team, you will also be expected to take on other responsibilities as required. This will include supporting the month-end, purchasing and invoicing processes.