A high profile local authority is currently recruiting a Treasury Manager to develop and lead the councils’ Treasury function to support capital investment and to minimise net borrowing costs.
Reporting to the Head of Pensions and Treasury, the Treasury Manager will be responsible for managing the Treasury Management function, ensuring the development and maintenance of working relationships with colleagues to take account of the needs of the council as a whole and support the treasury functions. Key responsibilities include;
- Providing advice and support to Members, management board, directors and deputy directors
- Investigating alternative options for investment and borrowing to meet longer term financing strategy
- Managing the contracts with the Councils Treasury advisors and other financial institutions required to deliver the Treasury strategies
- Implementing the Councils treasury management strategies
- Ensuring the delivery of treasury activities in a secure and controlled manner
The successful candidate must be a fully qualified accountant with the ability to collaborate with and influence senior management. Experience of treasury management in a public sector organisation is highly desirable. Candidates with strong technical accounting looking to move in to a treasury role would also be considered.