Interim Group Accountant - Place
I am currently recruiting for a London based Local Authority who are looking for an interim Group Accountant to support their Place directorate.
Leading and managing a team of 2, you will have a demonstrable track record of working at this level, specifically working in Waste, Highways, Parking, Regulatory Services, Regeneration, Property and Planning for other Local Authorities.
The role is for 3-6 months and the daily rate is negotiable, but the role does fall within IR35.
Please see below for more details on that which is required:
- Experience of assisting budget holders to develop initiatives for inclusion in Medium Term Finance Strategies and revenue and capital Budget Strategies
- Experience of preparing and finalising reports of performance against budgets to Councillors and Senior Officers
- Experience of producing annual accounts in accordance with relevant standards and timetables, supported by comprehensive working papers.
- Experience of liaising with External bodies (for example, Government Departments, External Auditors and Other Local Authorities)
- Experience of managing a team of staff to deliver high quality financial advice to Councillors and Senior Officers
- Experience of influencing and negotiating change in response to statutory or locally determined policy initiatives.
- Experience of supporting partnership working and/or alternative forms of service delivery
- Experience of managing complex projects/financial issues.
- Experience of working closely with senior managers to ensure that financial implications are properly identified at the early stages of policy development
- Ability to interpret funding and guidance pronouncements and prepare models showing the financial consequences of the Budget Strategy.
- Ability to encourage effective budgetary control.
- Ability to recommend financial strategies that are based on thorough analysis of needs and risks.
- Ability to monitor progress against timetables and to implement corrective strategies
- Ability to convey complex financial and regulatory information in styles that meet the needs of internal and external recipients.
- Ability to offer financial advice in a manner that ensures that business planning is linked to all aspects of financial planning and management.
What’s on offer?
£450 per day inside of scope