Chief Operating Officer
BBC Media Action reaches over 200 million people a year across Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, transforming lives through media and communication. We are recruiting a new COO to report directly to the CEO and play a key role on the senior management team during an exciting period of change.
The role delivers financial and strategic leadership in business areas which have large amounts of complexity in terms of staff management, budgetary responsibility and major project activity.
The COO is responsible for managing the Finance, Legal and IT functions, directly managing 6 staff and overseeing a wider team of c.20 indirectly in London. In addition, through Country Directors, the COO is also responsible for the professional support of senior regional finance staff across 15 international business units.
This is a wide-ranging leadership role and key to delivering the strategic direction and corporate management of BBC Media Action, including: organisational effectiveness, change management and oversight of corporate performance against plan and budget.
It is important to note that whilst charity/international development sector experience is desirable, we are seeking exceptional talent from a diverse range of backgrounds. The successful candidate will need to possess a genuine passion for how media can be used to tackle international development issues as well as the following:
- Professional accounting qualification ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
- Effective interpersonal, and communication skills, including the ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Experience of supporting the delivery of effective financial systems, controls and both develop and lead organisational strategy on IT and Property
- Experience of working with financial accounting systems and the ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex financial data to a range of audiences.
To apply, please submit your cv and a cover letter (no longer than 2 pages) before close of play Sunday 10th March.
- Application deadline: 10th March (please apply early if possible)
- Interviews: 26th March and second stage 3rd April