Finance Business Partner
Job Title: Finance Business Partner – Research and Development
Band: 8b £55,905 - £66,627 *
Hours of Work: 37.5 (flexible working available)
Location: Kensington and Sutton
*Inclusive of London weighting
The Royal Marsden Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Finance Business Partner – Research and Development
The Royal Marsden is a focused and motivated NHS Foundation Trust. A world-leading cancer centre specialising in cancer diagnosis, treatment, research and education, their two hospitals in Kensington and Sutton improve the lives of 50,000 cancer patients each year. The mission is simple; to cure more people and improve the quality of life for those living with cancer. With over 3,900 employees, £428m income and an unrivalled reputation for its patient care, the Marsden is making an impact. This is an important appointment and offers the chance to directly affect the Trust’s on-going progress.
This position reports to the Head of Financial Management and is required to constructively challenge all aspects of financial and business performance within Research and Development.
Key responsibilities include:
- To assist in developing financial strategies for Research & Development that enables the Trust to meet its research strategy and objectives as well as the funding requirements of the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR).
- To analyse and evaluate the financial implications, risks and opportunities to the Trust from changes by DoH/NIHR and other funding bodies to the Trust and also any knock-on impact from any partner organisations.
- To review and negotiate the financial element of commercial contracts in conjunction with the R&D contracts team, so as to maximize income to the Trust.
- To provide financial support and advice for the preparation of R&D bids by reviewing costings and analysis in conjunction with the Research Leads, to maximize R&D funding opportunities
- Consulting with the Management Committee and reporting to Clinicians
- Managing a team of four
This is an interesting and highly rewarding position within an established and high performing team. We are seeking an organised, hard working and ambitious individual who has a passion for best practice. You must be able to build relationships and have strong communication skills. It is also important that you are intellectually curious as you will be working with some of the most intelligent researchers in the world. The role requires a CCAB qualified accountant who comes from either the NHS, wider public sector or from practice.
Rewards and benefits:
- Flexible working (4 working days per week is a possibility for this position)
- Generous pension scheme
- Health and wellbeing incentives such as discounted gym membership and weekly yoga sessions
- Season ticket loan
- Free transfers between Kensington and Sutton (time will be split between both sites)
- Staff achievements awards
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane by Friday 22nd February.