Finance Manager - Income (8A)
Salary: £49,077 - £56,632* per annum
*Inclusive of London weighting
Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust provides health services at hospital and across the London Borough of Hackney community. The Trust employs over 3500 members of staff working out of 75 different sites and aims to reach an annual turnover of £400m by 2020. Homerton is a part of the UCL Partners, one of the five academic health science partnerships in England and is a member of the QUEST Network, which focuses on benchmarking and improving quality within organisations. The hard-working and ambitious finance department is looking for a Finance Manager within Income to join them and make an impact across the wider organisation.
Role and responsibilities for Finance Manager - Income:
- Leading the management of income from CCG’s; Specialised Commissioners; other NHS and Non-NHS organisations for Trust clinical income
- Reporting the Trust’s income position on a monthly basis whilst ensuring financial reporting and forecasting of activity and income is robust and that income to the Trust is maximised
- Ensuring that all financial control processes and procedures in relation to the Trust income support the efficient and effective delivery of the corporate objectives
Reporting directly to the Head of Income and Costing and working closely with external commissioners means this role will offer a strong ground for personal and professional development. This role is heavily focused around understanding, analysing and interpreting information and then challenging it in order to make meaningful changes for the Trust. Gaining this exposure in such a well respected organisation over 18 - 24 months would provide a great opportunity for you to progress further in your career. For those looking to develop with an organisation, there are genuine opportunities to progress internally throughout your career.
Experience required for Finance Manager - Income:
- Educated to degree level
- Fully qualified with a professional accountancy qualification (CIPFA/CIMA/ACCA)
- Have knowledge around reconciliations and be able to support the month end process
- The right candidate will be analytical, reliable and show strong communication skills
- If you have a background in the NHS this will be very beneficial but professionals who have had exposure to Income or CCG’s will also be considered for this opportunity
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please contact Brooke Cooper at Allen Lane by Friday 22nd February. Please reference the role you are applying for in the subject heading.