The GLA is looking to recruit a newly established Treasury Accountant to its Treasury function which provides treasury management services to the GLA, Mayoral functional bodies - LFC, LLDC, MOPAC, LPFA and London Boroughs.
You will be working closely with the Treasury Operations team and Chief Accountant. This is a newly created role and will involve:
- working with the established Treasury team to devise and implement processes and controls for the new investment arrangements;
- liaising with the Authority’s external fund managers, custodian and clients;
- producing timely reconciliations of the investment funds and client account statements;
- preparation of the financial instrument notes for the annual statement of accounts;
- preparation of the annual funding statements in accordance with set deadlines; and
- liaising with the Authority’s internal and external auditors on all matters relating to the treasury management accounts.
It is essential that you are a qualified accountant/ACT or an actively studying finalist. Experience of closing accounts or working in a Treasury Management team and intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft excel are also essential.
In addition to our core activities of portfolio management the team also advises on all aspects of capital finance and credit risk management and delivering the financing for some of the highest profile infrastructure projects in the capital, such as Crossrail and the Northern Line extension.
We are committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We would welcome applications from candidates who are seeking part time work and able to work a minimum of 32 hours a week.
In addition to a good salary package, we offer an attractive range of benefits including 30 days’ annual leave, interest free season ticket loan, interest free bicycle loan, childcare voucher scheme and a career average pension scheme.
If you have a question about the role, please contact Martin Boyle (Senior Group Treasury Officer – Operations) on 020 7983 4144. If you have a question about the role or the recruitment process, please contact a member of the recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference GLA3881.
Application closing date: Sunday 27 January 2019 at 23:59 GMT.
Interview date: w/c 11 February 2019.
London's diversity is its biggest asset and we strive to ensure our workforce reflects London's diversity at all levels. We welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith or disability.