2 x Accountant
A London Borough focused on delivering a ground breaking service across the Council and delivering huge saving is currently recruiting a number of finance roles to support this innovation and ensure the highest quality of service.
The Accountants will provide support across capital accounting, treasury management and asset accounting. They will be expected to contribute to the continuous improvement of the services. Key duties will include;
- Producing figures for relevant notes to the Statement of Accounts
- Gathering information for responses to queries from the External Auditors
- Assisting in ensuring best practice and the appropriate Codes of Practice are utilised
- Gathering information for statutory and other returns
- Initiating transactions and maintaining accounting records on a daily, weekly and monthly basis throughout the year.
To be suitable for the role you need to be a driven and change focused accountant with exposure to technical accounting and be working towards an accounting qualification. Previous experience within a local authority is desirable, but exposure in technical accounts across any sector is beneficial.