Finance Business Partner
Staffordshire Police keeps more than a million people safe from harm. It is an exciting, fast-paced organisation, committed to delivering the best services to its communities through its 3,400 police officers, PCSOs, staff and volunteers.
This is an exciting period of change for the Force, as it looks to embed a new approach to policing, transform our IT and digital capability, and deliver a major culture change programme. As a Force we are working closer than ever with our partners to drive positive change across Staffordshire
To deliver the very best the Force seeks the best people who can represent all of Staffordshire’s communities. The Force values diversity, and new thinking, and will seek to support its people to achieve their fullest potential.
About the Opportunity
Policing in Staffordshire covers a population of over 1.1m people covering a diverse population, demography and geography from the Peak District in the north of the County through to our border with the West Midlands conurbation in the south of the County. Policing in the County has a net revenue budget of c.£183m and a capital programme of c.£56m covering the period 2017/18 to 2020/21. Extracting the maximum value of this spend on behalf of the taxpayer is a key component of the role.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant to join our recently formed Finance Business Partnering function. You will be responsible for providing strategic and operational financial advice to the Head of Directorate of one of the Force’s directorates. You will act as an enabler to support budget holders to deliver the best possible outcomes for the communities of Staffordshire. We are looking for enthusiastic finance business partners with a passion for public service, with the ability and motivation to drive positive change across the organisation.
You will support the development of the Force’s Medium Term Financial Plan and ensure budgets are coordinated in line with the Policing plan. You will have management responsibility for the finance officer and you will support the training and development of the finance trainee and wider team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Be a key driver of our vision to develop, implement, and drive a finance business partnering model across the force.
- Support the developing the Force’s Medium Term Financial Plan
- To oversee and support the delivery of financial month end procedures including financial forecasting for directorates
- Provide financial guidance and advice to directorates.
- Supporting and matrix managing a team of accounting technicians and trainees; providing coaching, mentoring and development support.
- To support the development of capital business cases
- To be the critical liaison between directorates and the wider finance team
This role is based at Staffordshire Police Headquarters, Weston Road, Stafford ST18 0YY with a salary range from £35,808 to £41,919, (pay award pending) and may require some travel to locations around Staffordshire. Benefits include:
- Local Government Pension Scheme (15.5% employer contribution)
- Generous annual leave (29 days plus public holidays)
- Professional fees paid
- Free parking
- Flexible working
Further details of the key tasks, responsibilities and can be found within the role profile.
Please apply online by clicking Apply
The closing date for receipt of completed applications is 21 January 2019 at midday.