Transactional Finance Business Partner
Transactional Finance Business Partner
Capita Local Government
Up to £41,500 per annum
Becoming a Transactional Finance Business Partner with Capita Local Government:
The Transactional Finance Business Partner will act as key liaison between our clients and offsite services. Making sure that the service we provide meets the Council’s needs, you’ll monitor and report on performance, so you can continually review and improve processes.
Oversee the Accounts Receivable service, you’ll take responsibility for delivering identified improvements to debt management, monitoring and reporting. This role will play an important part in the successful delivery of a significant partnership for Capita Local Public Services.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the day-to-day relationship between the client-side Finance team, as well as other key business stakeholders, and Capita Local Public Services.
- Contribute to the delivery of a high performing, customer focused transactional finance service to the Council’s delivery units and commissioners.
- Monitor KPIs and PIs and ensure the delivery of scheduled and ad-hoc reporting.
- Make sure that all participants understand fully their part in transactional processes and can deliver their role and responsibilities to meet agreed expectations.
- Oversee the on-site accounts receivable function and supervise daily and periodic activities, liaising with delivery partners, to ensure tasks are delivered to plan and on time.
- Resolve queries, and identify and prevent potential issues before they arise.
- Proactively identify any changes in business needs or opportunities for continuous improvement in service delivery.
- Manage smaller projects to deliver agreed outcomes e.g. month and year end schedules or system enhancements.
- Ensure the service is delivered in line with relevant contractual performance indicators and commitments.
You’ll already have experience of working within a local authority setting and in a transactional finance function. With a good understanding of financial systems and controls, you’ll have strong analysis and problem solving skills and experience with Excel. You’ll be comfortable working both independently and with others, and will have strong presenting skills. Seeking to continually improve, you’ll have an eye for detail and won’t be afraid to challenge the status quo. With a track record of developing and maintaining strong professional relationships at all levels, you’ll be able to successfully influence, lead, support and motivate stakeholders to achieve agreed outcomes.
About Capita Local Government:
For over 25 years, Capita has been the UK’s leading provider of services to local government. We help councils to improve efficiency, provide better services and become more commercially sustainable. This works through a variety of frameworks, service agreements, commercial partnerships, shared services and joint venture companies.
We cover all local government operations – from customer management, HR and property development to back office processing, administration and IT. Join us and you’ll be part of a team providing a full range of back office, middle office and customer facing services.
What’s in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration – with colleagues, customers and clients – is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also give you company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You’ll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential – whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next:
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process – click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply – you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance and to request a full job description.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.