Head of Management Accounts & Finance in the business
HM Treasury – Head of Management Accounts & Finance in the Business
Salary - £60,000 - £69,000
Location – Westminster
The Treasury is the United Kingdom’s economics and finance ministry. It is responsible for formulating and implementing the government’s financial and economic policy. Its aim is to raise the rate of sustainable growth, and achieve rising prosperity and a better quality of life with economic and employment opportunities for all.
The Management Accounts and Finance in the Business teams provide financial insight and decision support to policy teams so that they understand the financial and budgetary impact of their policy as they develop it. The Management Accounts and Finance in the Business teams are also responsible for managing the business planning, budgets and spending of HM Treasury and liaising with Arms Lengths Bodies to monitor their budgets and spend.
- Lead on securing funding for HM Treasury through the Spending Review process, ensuring its plans are affordable and represent value for money.
- Support the Executive Management Board (EMB) in allocating its financial resources to meet its priorities and maximise its impact.
- Develop and maintain improved management accounts that present accurate and informative reporting on the Treasury group’s performance, tailored suitably to an EMB/OpCo audience. Ensure that these are reconcilable to the Treasury group and its respective ALB’s financial accounts.
- Support EMB and Budget Holders to get the most out of their budgets through relevant and insightful reporting and improved forecasting, ensuring consistency with higher-level management accounts and transparency to directors of suitably phased delegated budgets.
- Develop medium and longer-term financial plans.
- Provide specialist decision support to policy teams to allow them to understand the financial, accounting and budgetary implications of their policy
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- CCAB or equivalent qualification or the ability, willingness and commitment to gain such (support will be available for the right candidate)
- Experience of providing a management accounting service and/or having worked in a spending team
- Ability to lead a challenging piece of work and to manage a busy workload to deliver to deadlines and priorities
- Experience of drafting and developing effective and sometimes technically complex reports explaining financial risks and issues to non-finance stakeholders
- Experience of managing a sizeable team, including multiple direct reports
For more information get in touch with Tim Salmon – HMTreasury@allenlane.co.uk / 02030319634
Apply for Head of Management Accounts & Finance in the business
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly