I am recruiting for a large regulatory body based in London, they are looking to recruit an Accounts Assistant on a 12 month fixed term contract.
The post holder will assist the Financial Controller by ensuring the efficient and effective processing of financial transactions on behalf of the organisation. This will include the daily processing of transactions consisting mainly of the cashbook and registrants’ fee income, but also covering where necessary the purchase ledger and sales ledger, ensuring the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of processing.
- Responsible for processing all entries on bank statements onto the accounting system
- Responsible for reconciling all bank accounts on a monthly basis
- Responsible for reconciling all registrant payments to registration system
- Liaising with the Customer Services to ensure all records are accurate and up to date
- Providing a monthly report of those transactions and investigating reconciling differences with the help of the Customer Service team
- To update the cashflow forecast on a monthly basis and produce ad-hoc reports when required
- To liaise with internal and external auditors as appropriate
- Able to cover other transactional roles within the department including purchase ledger and sales ledger.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Good verbal and written communication skills and confidence to liaise with internal and external contacts
- Computer literate with experience of accounting software (Navision), word processing and spreadsheet packages
- Ability to work on own initiative and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- 30 days annual leave plus all bank holidays
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.
Apply for Accounts Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly