Deputy Chief Accountant
My client is seeking a technical accountant to join their small corporate accountancy team responsible for the closing of accounts process. You will prepare financial statements and working papers in line with IFRS meeting statutory deadlines. This will include analytical review of statements understanding and explaining variances.
You will be a key contact with external audit to ensure queries answered adequately and on a timely basis.
1. Production and quality assurance of financial statements and notes to the accounts
2. Quality assurance review of balance sheet reconciliations
3. Review of financial statements and streamline where possible.
4. Apply previous experience, good practice and improvements to the closedown process
- Qualified accountant with full professional membership of CIPFA or equivalent (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience of financial accounting in local government
- Knowledge of local government finance, accounting practice and the regulatory framework
- Understanding and experience of the process of closing the accounts, and the ability to plan and manage this process in a local authority
For more information, please contact email@example.com