I am recruiting for one of our top education clients based in London. They are looking to recruit a Credit Controller on a 12-month fixed term contract.
The post holder will be solely responsible for providing a full sales ledger and debt collection service for assigned areas. They provide services to students and other external bodies and as such are required to be responsive and provide a high-quality customer service. The role delivers an essential service and its success is vital to cash flow management.
- Providing a full sales ledger and debt collection service for Schools and departments
- Check customer information in SITS and ensure it is correct. Liaise with Student Records and School contacts to correct data as necessary.
- Ensure that debts are collected promptly and in accordance with procedures and targets identified by the Income Manager. This involves making use of Dunning reminder letters, statements, internal sanctions and external debt collection agencies as appropriate, and use of telephone and e-mail to contact students, customers and sponsors.
- Holding regular meetings in Schools to discuss student debtors, and where appropriate agreeing Payment Plans with students in accordance with the Tuition Fee Policy.
- Liaising with people in Schools and Departments in respect to the collection of debts.
- Running Debt and other reports from SAP and using them to chase debts.
- Providing cover for the Cash Office during periods of absence. This will involve carrying out tasks normally carried out by the Cashiers, under the direction of the Income Manager.
- Educated to A-level or equivalent.
- Significant experience of working in a similar service delivery role with an emphasis on compliance
- Numerate, analytical and professional approach
- Technical accounting knowledge commensurate with the tasks above
- The ability to communicate with confidence at all levels, verbally and in writing
- The ability to operate independently
- Excellent Microsoft Excel (spreadsheet) skills
Good benefits included.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.