I am recruiting for a government body based in Kent. They are looking to recruit a Finance Officer to join their Financial Services Team.
£28,000 – 30,500
Reporting into the Principle Accountant.
The post holder will play a key role in the delivery of an effective and efficient customer-focused finance function relating to housing services which focuses on key financial process such as budgeting, monitoring and supporting the preparation of final accounts as well as undertaking daily treasury management activities.
- To assist with the preparation of the revenue estimates for the relevant accounts and general fund housing activities.
- To continuously monitor actual revenue expenditure against estimates. To support budget managers through the provision of financial advice and recommendation on any action required to be taken to manage budgets.
- To undertake daily treasury management activities on a rota basis.
- To assist in the final accounts process by undertaking tasks to support the preparation of the Annual Statement of Accounts in accordance with the annual timetable.
- To assist Senior Officers in the team with the maintenance of the Housing Revenue Account Business Plan.
- To promote best financial practice and compliance with the relevant accounting, statutory, external grant funding and procedures, including those for external reporting, medium term financial planning and the sound financial governance of funds.
- To attend as necessary, relevant meetings, both internal and external, as a representative for Financial Services.
- To undertake any other duties commensurate with the post’s level of responsibility.
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s (minimum grade c) or equivalent including Mathematics and English
- Part accountancy qualification or AAT or similar accountancy, vocational or business qualification.
- Experience of preparing financial information for presentation to senior management.
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.
Apply for Finance Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly