Starting salary £40,653 pa rising in annual increments to £43,653 pa incl LW+ £5,500 market supplement.
Lambeth is a thriving borough that has been on a significant improvement journey over the last 10 years. Located at the newly refurbished Town Hall, the Council is seeking finance staff to support ongoing transformation and to help them achieve their objectives of being a stronger, fairer and more prosperous borough.
Key responsibilities are likely to include;
• Supporting preparation of the Council’s key financial statements
• Supporting budget reconfiguration and advising on change
• Writing and presenting management board and committee reports, providing specialist, technical advice to support effective decision making
• Supporting the development of business cases and/or funding bids
• Taking responsibility for core accounting duties and grant reporting
• Reviewing and updating processes and procedures in line with the Smarter, Simpler and Cheaper
To be suitable for these roles you need to be passionate, credible, resilient and be either qualified, or finalist level with the ability to influence and challenge senior management.
This is an ideal role for those seeking to step up in to a role where they can add value and make a difference. It is essential that you are able to engage constructively with staff across the Council, to explain financial concepts, and to support them in taking ownership of their budgets and expenditure.
Lambeth Council offers flexible working, the Local Government Contributory Pension Scheme and generous annual leave.
For an informal discussion on the role please contact Nisar Visram on 0207 926 9386.
The closing date for receiving completed application forms is Monday 10 December 2018 at midnight.
Interviews will be held week commencing 17 December 2018.