Financial Accountant required to join an established NHS organisation in Manchester. This role will support the financial control of the organisation including non-staff expenses, balance sheet accounting and reporting, annual accounts and audit.
The role is a key member of the financial systems team and will manage and perform financial accounting functions ensuring that organisation carries out its statutory functions including, accounting, standing orders, SFIs and accounts.
Key deliverables of the role include:
- Contribute to the financial delivery of the team, ensuring value for money and efficient and effective delivery of the financial systems functions.
- Develop, monitor and maintain effective systems to evaluate the delivery of the financial systems function within the budgetary resources available and where speed and accuracy of financial data capture are a critical element of success.
Key tasks include:
- Co-ordinate the smooth running of the AR Team and Expenses team.
- Ensure good management of the financial ledger in particular the operation of all AR processes and balance sheet management.
- Over-see the smooth running of the on-line non- staff electronic expenses system.
- Primary contact point with NHS SBS for AR & Debt.
- Lead on the AoB process for Debtors & Income agreements.
- Ensure the integrity of the balance sheet, ensure reconciliations are performed and reviewed promptly.
- Contribute to monthly and annual financial accounts process.
- Support the wider regional finance teams with ad-hoc projects as required.
- Develop and implement processes within the financial systems function, involving analysis and interpretation of discrepancies and complex information from a wide range of sources.
- Lead Project based work required, requiring linking with multiple other teams both internal to HEE and external.
- Uphold the good reputation of the organisation at all times and demonstrate the values of the NHS constitution.
- Delivery of expert training on financial systems processes and systems to both finance and non-finance staff.
- Provide training and induction to new and existing staff in the functional area of financial systems.
- Lead the recruitment process for staff in the AR team and within the wider systems team, and participate in the recruitment process of any other staff within the wider team.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive staff management exposure, have an in-depth knowledge of financial systems and financial accounting requirements and experience of working on gr production of year end accounts.
This is fantastic opportunity to join an organisation, in a newly created role, with unrivalled opportunities.
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Financial Accountant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultants boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you. Sellick Partnership is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role. For information on how your personal details may be used by Sellick Partnership, please review our data processing notice which can be found in the footer on our website.
Apply for Financial Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly