Senior Financial Accountant
Allen Lane is currently working with an ambitious London borough’s local authority to recruit a Senior Financial Accountant. This post is for an initial 6 month period with the potential to join the team on an extended basis.
This key financial accounting role will involve working closely with the Chief Accountant to lead aspects of the organisation’s financial accounting department, including; treasury management and capital financing.
The key responsibilities of this role are as follows;
- Vital financial accounting tasks, such as; treasury management, capital financing and tax advisory work.
- Ensure the organisation’s compliance with the complex codes, standards and other regulatory requirements that apply to local authorities.
- Training and providing technical guidance for the Council's team of finance professionals.
- Support the establishment and maintenance of a framework of internal financial controls.
- To lead projects to improve the organisation when required.
- Ensure that grant funding is secured and applied to maximum effect.
- Support the external auditing process of the local authority’s annual accounts.
Key person specification;
- Full CCAB qualification, with current membership to a CCAB body.
- Comprehensive understanding of the accounting codes, standards and regulations that apply to local authorities.
- Experienced in providing technical accounting and taxation advice and support to non-finance managers.
- Ability to establish credibility with other finance professionals, directors, senior management teams, the external auditor and other key stakeholders.
- Acts strategically and innovate to come up creative solutions whilst having the confidence to propose new ideas and take risks when necessary.
- Skilled in motivating a team and forging respect for fellow employees.
You must be available to start by the 15th December.
If this specification describes you then we would appreciate sending us your resume and your ideal day rate. Please note applications will be reviewed prior to closing and as such immediate application is recommended.