Head of Financial Services
4 days left
- Full Time
I am actively looking for Head of Financial Services for a Local Authority based in the South East for a period of 3-6 months.
You will need to be able to:
- Develop and present the final accounts, budget and financial strategies.
- Support members in explaining financial reports and issues and ensuring plans are properly resourced
- Ensure members and officers receive the right financial advice to safeguard the S151 role.
- Act as the lead officer on internal and external committees and other forums
- Oversee and ensure proper implementation of the Councils Treasury Management strategy.
- Oversee the insurance and risk management functions of the council.
- Oversee the preparation of the Financial statement of the Council in accordance with the Statement of Recommended Accounting Practice and Best Practice.
I am looking for this person to have held a similar role previously and has detailed knowledge and understanding of local authority finance.
Knowledge of regeneration funding streams, capital accounting, HRA accounting, treasury management and the Prudential Code are essential.
- You need have held Senior Management experience within a comparable complex organisation with the responsibility for financial services.
Apply for Head of Financial Services
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly