Accountant (Closedown) – Northampton
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Accountant to join our integrated finance team. LGSS is one of the largest public sector shared ventures of its kind in the UK; we are a shared service collaboration between three councils; Cambridgeshire County Council, Northamptonshire County Council and Milton Keynes Council
Based in our modern Northampton shared service office you will support clients in Cambridgeshire and Northamptonshire; liaising with Business Partner finance colleagues and other key stakeholders where relevant, so there will be some travel between locations where required.
This is an ideal role for a proactive, flexible, and technical individual who has the ability to work in a fast paced environment building effective working relationships and willing to take responsibility for key elements of the statement of accounts.
The ideal candidate will have experience:
- Preparing elements of the statement of accounts and disclosure notes.
- Supporting and owning aspects (where relevant) of systems and processes required to produce the statement of accounts.
- Providing customer focussed technical financial accounting advice to finance and service colleagues.
- Managing and coordinating the prepared by client lists for audit and audit query logs.
- Being a key point of contact in the coordination of the external audit of the accounts including building effective working relationships with the external auditors.
This is an exciting role within LGSS being part of the Integrated Finance Service, which will give you excellent exposure across multiple LGSS Partners and customers as well as the ability to help shape and develop the team. You’ll be a part of a wider financial community and an established network.
Please take the time to review https://www.lgss.co.uk/cipfa-penna-recruitment-campaign/ this will include, the Finance Structure, full job spec and person spec.
For a confidential chat or to apply please contact our recruitment partner at CIPFA Penna; Becky Frost on 0203 849 2695 or email@example.com