We have a fantastic opportunity for a Group Accountant to join our integrated finance team. LGSS is one of the largest public sector shared ventures of its kind in the UK; we are a shared service collaboration between three councils; Cambridgeshire County Council, Northamptonshire County Council and Milton Keynes Council
This is an ideal role for a proactive and technical individual who has the ability to work in a fast paced environment building effective working relationships and willing to take on a highly challenging portfolio. You will support clients in between Milton Keynes and Northampton Borough Councils; liaising with Business Partner finance colleagues and other key stakeholders where relevant, so there will be some travel between locations where required, however you can choose which of our office locations to be based from.
The ideal candidate will have experience:
- Preparing statement of accountants and disclosure notes
- Leading and coordinating the external audit of the accounts building effective working relationships with the external auditors
- Leading on technical accounting matters and interpreting changes in accounting standards identifying required actions
- Able to identify areas of improvement, efficiency and convergence in the closedown process.
- Able to demonstrate good stakeholder engagement and collaborative working with teams; coordinating and communicating information is essential for this role.
This is an exciting role within LGSS being part of the Integrated Finance Service, which will give you excellent exposure across multiple LGSS Partners and customers as well as the ability to help shape and develop the team. You’ll be a part of a wider financial community and an established network.
Please take the time to review https://www.lgss.co.uk/cipfa-penna-recruitment-campaign/ this will include, the Finance Structure, full job spec and person spec.
For a confidential chat or to apply please contact our recruitment partner at CIPFA Penna; Becky Frost on 0203 849 2695 or Becky.Frost@penna.com