Senior Finance Analyst
A leading local authority is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst. You will support all officers within their service area, providing them with high level professional advice on a very broad range financial issues and their relation to the councils corporate and managerial objectives.
- Responsible for providing specialist and senior financial and accounting support to a substantial area of the council's business, typically a major part of the budget for an overall department or a substantial defined technical area of the corporate accounting and control arrangements.
- Provide significant and senior input to corporate financial processes such as co-ordinating major elements of the annual accounts or budgeting processes.
- Advise on and maintain appropriate financial controls and to challenge senior managers as necessary.
- Be an appropriate professional role model to junior staff in the department and to foster and champion professional development.
The successful candidate will have:
- CCAB Qualification
- Extensive Local Authority experience
- Provided financial advice and leadership in a large and complex organisation; working with a high degree of professional independence and integrity.
- Advised on managing all aspects of large and complex budgets; delivering significant improvements as a result.
- Prepared accounting statements and statutory statistical returns.
- Contracted for services, providing financial and commercial advice to inform procurement strategy and negotiations
- Ability to analyse, interpret and report upon large amounts of complex financial, accounting and output information and to analyse complex business processes
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to explain complex financial issues to non-financial managers, Directors and Members, adapting style to suit the audience and the issue
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to analyse and interpret legislation and regulation, and to develop strategic policy responses accordingly
- Strong leadership skills, capable of motivating and inspiring junior staff and building effective working relationships at senior levels across the organisation and with partners.
If this role is of interest, please do not hesitate to contact haben.solomon@penna