Finance Project Accountant
My client is a Local Government Organisation who are looking for a credible professional with a strong background in Project Accounting for a fixed term contract for 6-12 months. You will be an integral member of the senior finance team, working closely alongside Heads of department.
- Provide professional financial advice and information to support the development of budgets, financial plans, project plans and the review of policies and strategies
- Provide advice and guidance to Senior Managers, employing bodies, trustees and relevant committees on the financial implications of decisions and proposals
- Develop relationships with wider members of the senior finance team and council on any projects with clear and accurate financial information
- Prepare and proactively contribute to reports clearly identifying the financial effects of policy and other corporate proposals on the delivery of services
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget and capital programme, including regular review and forecasting, in compliance with the Budget Management Scheme, and produce financial monitoring reports for the specified Services
- Ensure that financial systems are fully integrate with the ledger and produce all final accounts
- Provide leadership and directions to a small finance team ensuring that they contribute to the delivery of an effective finance service
- Interpret, analyse and appraise business trends, local government legislation, supplier strategies, market trends and other developments which could impact on the financial position of the council’s services
- A qualified accountant with at least 2 years post-qualification experience in a large complex business
- Able to create innovative solutions to complex problems, consistently exhibiting decisiveness, adaptability and the ability to work without supervision, to a high standard and within tight timescales and deadlines
- Knowledge of Local Authority Services would be advantageous but not essential
- High level interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, able to present complex financial information in an appropriate format and targeted to specific audiences
We need someone who can hit the ground running as this is a crucial position within the Finance function. We will require someone with passion and drive to provide support in order to meet the organisations impending deadlines.
For more information please send in your CV for consideration.
ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT,
What’s on offer?
C £45,000 plus excellent benefits
Apply for Finance Project Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly