Senior Manager - Finance - National Crime Agency
Senior Manager – Finance
Salary: £53,053 + £3,258 London Weighting Allowance
Closing: Midday on Tuesday 20th November 2018
Would you like the opportunity to contribute to the fight against serious and organised crime?
We are looking for a key individual to support the agency’s business and financial planning process, preparation for the next spending review and investment appraisal. The successful candidate will lead a team that manages the financial modelling of business change resources and efficiencies investment programmes and planning activity and will provide high quality support to the Strategy, Change and the Senior Leadership Team.
The post holder will report to a G1 Head of Finance and will be required to gain a strategic oversight of the agency’s medium term planning. Key responsibilities include:
• Leading the Financial Strategy team
• Leading the annual planning round and budget delegation process
• Providing high level insight and analysis at Board level to enable senior decision-making
• Leading the design and assurance of delivery plans for business efficiencies and associated reporting against plans
• Engaging with internal and external partners for the agency’s response to the forthcoming Spending Review
The NCA’s Strategic Finance team leads on financial planning, supports the development of business cases for major investments and provides the Board with strategic analysis to support decision making. This role is an excellent opportunity to work in a fast-paced, rewarding environment, with exposure to senior leaders and cross-Whitehall working.
The team is responsible for setting the agency’s financial strategy and delivering an integrated business and financial planning process across the NCA. It will provide insight and analysis to enable senior level decision-making which includes setting business strategies to achieve the long term financial objectives of the NCA.
- All officers in the NCA are members of the UK Civil Service. You will be eligible for:
- Civil Service pension scheme
- 26 days annual leave rising to 31 on completion of 5 years continuous service
- Training and development opportunities
- Cycle2work scheme
- We take the welfare of NCA officers very seriously. All staff have access to Occupational Health services and there are a number of staff representative groups. We also have a range of sporting and other activities on offer.
- We can provide flexible working arrangements if the role in question is suitable. These include flexitime, job sharing and compressed hours (working contracted hours over a shorter period).
- Recognised Accountancy Qualification i.e. CCAB or equivalent