Senior Management Accountant
Due to a recent increase in demand, this local authority are recruiting for a Senior Management Accountant. This role is ideal for any individual who is searching for a broad platform to develop your skills and knowledge within the public sector. Within this post you will be given scope to transform the role as you deem necessary for organisation wide benefit. As the post-holder you will work alongside senior leadership to develop strategic financial strategies in response to the financial challenges faced.
Duties to include:
- Assisting with the development of the financial strategy, capital strategy, medium term financial plan and revenue and capital programmes.
- Ensuring an integrated approach to strategic financial planning
- Developing financial strategy which reflects corporate strategy
- Supporting leadership in developing strategic response to financial challenges as and when they arise.
- Act as a lead on interface with internal and external stakeholders.
The candidate will be required to hold a CCAB qualification or equivalent. The suitable individual must possess working knowledge of financial planning and budgeting. You must be a proactive and passionate accountant to drive change within the finance department. Strong communication skills are required to liaise with non-financial members of the organisation.