This is a really exciting time to join C40 as Finance Director. The C40 Cities Climate Leadership Group has grown the team to 170+ staff and the operating budget to c. $30m per year, connecting more than 95 of the world’s greatest cities and representing more than 700 million urban citizens in the commitment to tackle climate change. The role is well suited to candidates looking to progress into their first director post.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, the Finance Director provides governance support to the organisation, in particular the UK Charity; and is responsible for overseeing C40’s expanding global finance function – currently a US 501(c)(3) non-profit, UK registered charity, South Africa entity and China Representative office. With a team of four, including a qualified Financial Controller, the Director of Finance oversees the management of the accounting processes, procedures and reporting for all C40 entities, and is responsible for delivering short-term and long-term budget planning for each entity to meet C40’s strategic objectives.
This is a great time to join as, supported and encouraged by C40, cities are stepping up to their critical role in delivering the Paris Agreement to prevent catastrophic climate change. The successful candidate will lead on developing a new financial plan, oversee the management of a large number of restricted funds, and support ongoing international expansion and integration for the existing regions.
- CCAB/CIMA qualified accountant with a strength and interest in financial planning
- Proven experience at Head of Finance or equivalent level (e.g. Head of FP&A or Divisional FD), gained in the not for profit sector (or wider public sector)
- Possesses a positive, driven and outgoing approach
- Proven track record of working in an international organisation and ideally with exposure to working with the US
- Application deadline: Sunday 11th November - send CV and supporting statement to email@example.com
- Interviews: 28/29th November (final stages in the 1st week of December)
Please contact Michael Quest directly to discuss in more detail – 0203 031 9638 /firstname.lastname@example.org