Finance Business Partner
I am recruiting for a central government body based in Central London.
Reporting into the Head of Finance Business Partnering.
The postholder will support the delivery of high quality, effective and value adding financial management service, comprehensive financial support, analysis and guidance to support decision making and delivery of objectives. To ensure budgets are being appropriately managed and controlled to ensure the effective, efficient and economic use of resources.
- Actively engage with and support the budget setting process for relevant Directorate(s) through the provision of financial analysis, challenge and advice to ensure the effective, efficient and economic use of financial resources in line the organisation’s priorities and longer-term strategic plans.
- Actively monitor and liaise with Directorate(s) to develop and update robust financial forecasts, ensuring Directorate and Budget Manager ownership, to ensure that available resources are utilised effectively to enable the delivery of Directorate objectives.
- Lead the Accounts Payable function to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner, ledgers are updated in accordance with relevant policies and procedures and any queries/issues are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide oversight, review and challenge for Finance Directorate performance information, including scorecards and risk registers, through a robust understanding of the operational environment of the Finance Directorate and the risks that are being managed, highlighting any areas of weakness or concern and possible mitigating actions to senior management.
- Provide day to day management for team member(s) including the recognition of key achievements, providing coaching and direction, robust performance management and providing supervision to deliver functional and strategic objectives.
- Work with Financial Control, IT and Procurement colleagues to ensure a robust financial control environment is maintained and operating effectively within the Financial Ledger system
- Fully Qualified CCAB or CIMA with significant post qualification experience; or Qualified by significant relevant experience at a senior level in financial management including highly complex financial modelling and analysis and/or business partnering.
- Experience of analysing and interpreting complex financial information and evaluating the impact on business performance.
- Experience of working in financial management, including experience of budget setting, monitoring and forecasting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including advanced Excel.
Good benefits – included but not limited to:
- 25 days annual leave
- Opportunity to buy or sell 5 days’ annual leave
- Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption and shared parental leave.
- Interest free season ticket loan
- ‘Giving Something Back’-involves commitment to 2 days paid leave to participate in voluntary activities of your choice.
- Annual Flu jab provision for all members of staff.
- Eye-care voucher scheme, covering the cost of annual eye-care test and £55 towards purchase of glasses/lenses.
- All pay-rolled staff have the opportunity to have a free annual health check.
- Civil Service Sports Council membership which includes sports hall and fitness classes and discounts for major gym providers
- Subsidised gym membership – Contribution of up to 50% or £30 towards private gym memberships.
- Discounted rates for personal health care providers (e.g. BUPA and Civil Service Healthcare).
- Professional accounts Qualification
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.
Apply for Finance Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly