Deputy Chief Internal Auditor
LGSS Audit & Risk Services are looking to recruit a Head of Audit / Deputy Chief Internal Auditor.
Our service model is being recognised as best in class and we have an exciting pipeline of new business to add to our existing clients. Our commitment to great service includes higher salaries available to exceptional candidates.
The role is focused on the Milton Keynes and Northampton areas but exposure to other clients / areas would be considered.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join LGSS at Milton Keynes Council and continue the success of the Audit & Risk Service. You could help us consolidate and move forwards at pace. Interested?
We are delivering audit, counter fraud and risk services to clients that are considered best in class and are looking for a driven and professional Head of Audit / Deputy Chief Internal Auditor to bring real value to our public sector clients, who increasingly use commercial models of delivery.
Every day you’ll help our clients reduce costs, extract value for money, meet the highest standards of governance and deliver the best services to their customers. We have risen to the challenge of greater demands for effective and efficient governance during public sector austerity. Can you help us meet the next challenges?
If you thrive on applying your skills and tenacity to deliver real, tangible benefits to public sector colleagues and customers then this role is for you. If you relish the autonomy to meet customer’s needs, deliver the highest standards of service and experience a wide range service delivery this role will push you to meet your own high standards.
We will support you to deliver the best possible service and develop your career. Our range of clients provides a varied and interesting workload where no two days are ever the same across the fullest range of public sector and voluntary services.
You will share our vision and passion for improving public services that are facing unprecedented financial pressures and increasing demand.
Your commitment and enthusiasm will be your most valuable assets building upon your experience in providing audit, risk or counter fraud services, ideally within the public sector.
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
- Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates.
- A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years.
- Option to buy more annual leave.
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management.
- Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options.
- Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 16 November 2018
To apply, please upload your covering letter and CV which must include a detailed career history with no gaps, on the Milton Keynes Council Careers website https://bit.ly/2zYifPE via the Apply button below.