Are you a diligent, positive and engaging Finance professional?
Do you have natural leadership skills and are passionate about the development of others?
We would welcome your application for this fantastic opportunity if you have these skills and experience.
Vehicle Certification Agency (VCA) is an Executive Agency within the Department for Transport and is the national approval authority for new road vehicles, agricultural tractors and off-road vehicles. We are the UK authority for the certification of packaging and intermediate bulk containers used for the transport of dangerous goods.
We are looking for a dynamic person who can successfully lead the Finance team made up of 10 staff, whilst supporting and guiding Finance staff located in the overseas offices. You will report into the Chief Finance and Resources Officer. The Finance Department at VCA provide expert support and advice to Directors, Programmes and other managers in the Agency.
You will be a key member of the Senior Management team and will contribute to the overall management and strategic direction of the directorate as a whole.
- Your responsibilities will include:
- leading the team to provide a range of financial services to the Agency, ensuring compliance with all statutory and Government reporting requirements and standards
- providing assurance of propriety/regularity to your manager as part of ensuring effective delivery of robust financial management processes
- encouraging the continuous improvement of the Department to meet various standards, audit requirements and ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness
- deputising for the Head of Department on Finance related matters as and when required
- building and nurturing excellent working relationships with key business areas
- providing direction on required leadership, task management and people management processes within Group
- leading on the monitoring and reporting of financial risks and opportunities (including contingent liabilities)
- overseeing the preparation and submission of the annual Financial Accounts and Business Plans, and periodic forecasts
- overseeing the reporting of all risk across the VCA, including the maintenance of the Agency risk register
- leading the delivery of high quality presentations and papers to an informed audience of key internal and external contacts on financial and commercial aspects of current franchises
- directing your teams engagement with various audit teams
Would you consider yourself a committed Senior Finance leader with a broad and comprehensive understanding and experience in all areas of Finance?
Are you CCAB qualified and have experience operating at a variety of levels?
We would encourage you to apply if you can answer yes to the above.
You will have dedicated management and leadership skills with extensive financial management experience gained in a complex and challenging commercial environment. You can demonstrate strong financial acumen and are able to effectively use your commercial awareness to strategically influence at a senior level.
You will also have:
- experience of leading and developing a finance team
- experience working with auditors
- experience of working with board level and senior staff
- excellent financial modelling skills
- experience of gathering, analysing and interpreting commercial and technical information
- fantastic presentation skills with the ability to present complex financial information broad range of audiences
Closing date: 22 October 2018