Financial Modeller - 2 days per week
A Local Authority currently has an urgent need for a Financial Modeller to support the Regeneration Programme initially on 2 days per week
Scope of Work
To finalise the development of the financial models for the Regeneration Programme which includes:
At Project model level:
- Outstanding items re Historic Costs - either a bolt-on method that automatically adjusts for changes to past inputs which upset actuals or a full replacement of the split between auto and manual inputs so past inputs cannot be changed
- Discount Rate - if inflation is ON then discount rate should increase automatically
- Any other items as necessary following review of final project model
At Programme model level:
- Option to allow capitalised development interest to be switched on/off
- Fully implement the effect of treating accounting profit as capital receipt and then transferring it to revenue.
- Upgrade from annual cashflows to monthly cashflows for capital and/or revenue for 1 to 3 years
- Any other items as necessary following review of final programme model.
At both Project and Programme model level
- Produce an Operating Guidance manual at both project and programme level.
- Develop and Implement Regeneration Financial Model with Advise and Review at agreed Key Milestones throughout the programme
- Identify any key areas of risk on the programme based on financial model and advise accordingly
- Provide information on viability of all Regeneration projects at Programme and Project level
- Responsible for the maintenance of Financial model for the Councils Regeneration Programme at Programme and Project level
- To provide a full ‘upskilling training programme’ to Finance and Regeneration colleagues as required on Financial modelling
- To provide guidance and advise on the maintenance and management of Council Financial model system
- Develop a ‘guidance manual’ for staff use on the new Financial Model
- Set up continuous safeguarding of all procedures required to ensure compliance with Construction Industry Best practise.
You will be CCAB qualified with extensive Financial Modelling experience
This role will be Out Of Scope for IR35, the role will be initially 2 days per week