Interim Strategic Finance Manager (Adult Social Care)
Strategic Finance Manager wanted for a local authority based in London. The role will be a 6 month contract at least paying £600 per day .
Key duties include
- Work with colleagues to make a proactive contribution delivering service and corporate objectives.
- Lead and manage a portfolio of Adult Social Care services in alignment with both corporate and service aims and priorities.
- Provide leadership and management to achieve high performance and effective operational delivery; which will include managing the effective use of resources and staff.
- Work closely with the Director of Financial Management to support effective working relationships with relevant Lead Members.
- Lead on all adult social care savings plans, ensuring action plans are in place and delivery is monitored and reported.
- Lead in assisting Adult Social Care to balance budgets and maintain high quality service provision.
- Prepare and report the financial monitoring position for Adult Social Care.
- Provide the financial support for the preparation any grant applications and returns.
- Analyse financial implications of new legislation, guidance and Green Papers.
- Monitor the BCF and iBCF and liaise with the service to produce all BCF and iBCF returns.
- Review all financial implications for Key and non-Key decision reports, ensuring all decisions are in line with the financial regulations.
- To support the Director of Financial Management to ensure that Lead Members and Scrutiny Committees are provided with high quality financial information.
- Support and develop partnership working, including acting as an effective ambassador and advocate with external organisations.
- Lead responsibility for the Adult Social Care service for ensuring the financial skills of finance and non-finance staff across the council are at a level which ensures effective financial management and support within the authority.
The ideal candidate will also have experience of being a Finance Manager within Adult Social Care within a local authority and will be able to start a short notice.
What’s on offer?