4 days left
- Full Time
Sellick Partnership are working alongside an excellent, forward thinking Local Authority to recruit for a permanent Chief Accountant. This is a vital role within the Council's financial structure and gives the successful applicant the chance to make a real difference within the organisation.
Key responsibilities of the Chief Accountant:
- Prepare the Authority's Statement of Accounts to meet legislative and best practice requirements
- Lead on the preparation of the budget and regular reporting of actual income expenditure and income against the approved budgets
- Ensure that statutory and other required returns are accurate and provided within deadlines
- Financial reporting to senior managers/budget holders
- Deputise for the Corporate Finance Manager as Section 151 Officer
- Line management of 4 direct reports
- Budget monitoring and setting
- Preparing and finalising budgets through working collaboratively with cost centre managers
- Lead, manage, develop, inform and motivate employees within the team to ensure the efficient, cost effective and responsive delivery of financial and accounting service
The successful Chief Accountant will:
- Have extensive experience of Local Government experience at a senior level
- Be a fully qualified CCAB accountant
- Have vast experience of financial planning, financial management and reporting
- Have a thorough understanding of Local Authority Accounting principles, practice, funding sources and their application
- Be able to analyse highly complex situations and documentation, and from that analysis develop and implement innovative solutions and improvements
Please note that due to the nature of the role, candidates MUST have extensive, senior Local Government accounting experience. This role is a fantastic challenge for the successful candidate, and you will be joining the Authority at a hugely exciting time.
If you feel your experience matches the above criteria and are interested in this role, please send your CV to Liam Cox at Sellick Partnership or give me a call for a confidential chat.
Sellick Partnership is a market-leading professional services recruitment specialist operating across the UK. Over the years we have built up an enviable relationship with employers and our expert team of consultant boast up-to-date market knowledge and a strong reputation making Sellick Partnership best placed to help you.
Apply for Chief Accountant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly