I am currently recruiting for one of our local authority clients who are looking for a Financial Analyst to join their dynamic finance team on a permanent basis.
The post holder will have the responsibility of delivering high quality financial advice within a service area, being proactive in providing comprehensive support advice to all levels of management and members across the finance elements, including budget setting, budget planning and project support. Proficient analytical skills will be key to interpreting financial results for the business.
The successful post holder will look to build strong relationships with internal and external partners and maximise the opportunity to influence stakeholders and partners and contribute fully as a member of management forums.
- Responsible for supporting the business by understanding all the financial assets, liabilities and priorities for a business operation (revenue, capital, funding streams & debt.
- Responsible for supporting business development by using insightful predictive analytics, optimising financial modelling and commercial acumen.
- Responsible for partnering and supporting Service Directors and stakeholders to carry out financial performance management, pricing and investment analysis.
- Supporting the business planning process by advising senior managers and supporting the maximisation of external funding to the Council.
- Support cross organisational projects and ensure the best commercial & value considerations to drive transparent and robust decision making. This support will involve detailed analysis and interpretation in communicating financial and performance data to support evidence-based decisions.
- Working with the Senior Finance Business Partners and Management Accountants in the development and review of financial policy and plans.
- Responsible for promoting delivery of value for money services, as evidenced by benchmarked cost driver comparators to analyse financial trends and drive efficiencies.
- Support timely preparation of robust business cases & decision-making documents by quantifying associated costs, benefits, risks and funding solutions.
- Responsible for compliance with financial regulations and professional accounting standards and financial impact assessments relating to changes in legislation or service initiatives
- Fully qualified with evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience in application of financial management and financial frameworks - preferably public sector, through a full financial cycle.
- Excellent communication skills to influence a wide range of stakeholders and aware of the political environment in which this role operates.
- Evidence of identifying improvements in financial systems and processes with a strong delivery and performance focus.
- Evidence of providing financial advice to inform decision making including investment appraisal and business case development.
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.