Interim Executive Director of Finance
- Full Time
Director of Finance wanted for a local authority based in the South of England. The role will be a 6 month contract at least paying £700 per day .
Key duties include
- To support the creation of and articulate the longer term vision, strategy and priorities of the Council (and its partners), as set out in its Sustainable Community Strategy, 3 Year Council Plan, and Medium Term Financial Strategy.
- Promote managerial responsibility for cross-organisational team working, and across boundaries with other agencies and partners, voluntary and other public sector organisations, and with service users, to deliver more cost effective and valued services and solve problems in a coherent and integrated manner.
- Discover new ways to reduce the cost of services to taxpayers and improve their overall productivity and value for money to service users, through a range of approaches, including: the strategic re-design of services and their costs; the use of business and operational process improvements; the smarter use of supply (through out-sourcing, co- sourcing and in-sourcing where appropriate); the better use of demand management; and improved asset management.
- Ensure that effective risk management arrangements are in place to maximise the ability to identify and take up opportunity, and to minimise the Council’s exposure to risk and uncertainty, whilst encouraging creative thinking and innovative practice.
- Ensure that all services/functions are delivered within and to budget.
- To articulate, champion and develop the Council’s new operating model and principles, driving efficiency and innovation in service design and methods of delivery, to provide added value for money for local people.
The ideal candidate will also have experience of being a Director of Finance within a local authority and will be able to start a short notice.
What’s on offer?
Apply for Interim Executive Director of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly