Housing Finance Manager
A Borough Council in Surrey is currently recruiting for a Housing Finance Manager to work closely with senior management and members leading the Housing Service’s’ financial strategy.
The Housing Finance Manager will develop and implement an effective business plan and ensure high level financial performance across the service, and be responsible for all aspects of housing financial management. Key responsibilities include;
- Leading the development of the 30 year Housing Revenue Business Plan, identifying improvements, new opportunities and revenue streams
- Establishing and maintaining partnerships with other senior managers to determine the strategic direction of the service
- Assessing the financial viability of all new build and other housing capital projects
- Drafting and presenting reports to Council/Committee meetings on all aspects of the service
- Leading on establishing housing companies or other vehicles to support the Council’s overall development programme.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with excellent communication skills and proven experience of influencing and challenging senior stakeholders. You will need to have significant exposure to business partnering as well as the ability to analyse complex information, communicate findings concisely to stakeholders of all levels.
The Council offers generous benefits and flexible working arrangements, including the ability to work from home up to 2 days per week.
This is a very quick turn around and the closing date for applications is 26th September.