Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust provides acute and specialist healthcare in North West London for around a million and a half people every year. Formed in 2007, we are one of the largest NHS trusts in the country, with nearly 11,000 staff.
Our five hospitals – Charing Cross, Hammersmith, Queen Charlotte’s & Chelsea, St Mary’s and The Western Eye – have a long track record in research and education, influencing clinical practice nationally and worldwide. We also have a growing number of community services and provide private healthcare in dedicated facilities on all of our sites, including at the Lindo Wing at St Mary’s.
With our partners, Imperial College London, The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust and The Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust, we form Imperial College Academic Health Science Centre.
The Finance Manager is a key role in the running of the Finance Directorate. As part of the business partnering team, you will provide a high quality analytical and planning service to your division. You will also have responsibility for the management of a Finance Analyst and directly support the Senior Finance Manager in ensuring the delivery of a professional, dynamic and efficient business partnering service.
Some of the other key responsibilities include:
- Working directly with staff at all levels within the division to support them in developing forecasts and plans;
- Leading the reporting of financial information and alerting operational management of significant variances from targets and supporting action plans to resolve issues;
- Leading change projects within the finance department working to improve the policies and processes of the team;
- Promoting a modern and collaborative approach to engaging clinicians in financial management;
- Providing cover for the Senior Finance Manager or Business Partner as and when required.
The successful candidate will be an intelligent, qualified accountant who has hands-on experience within management accounts. You may come from a range of sectors, including the NHS, wider public sector, commercial or straight from practice. You will be able to demonstrate good organisation skills and an ability to prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines. Successful candidates will also have excellent oral and written communication skills, and be able to confidently relay complex information to non-finance individuals.