Operational Finance Business Partner
Devon based Local Authority is looking to recruit an Operational Finance Business Partner to join there recently restructured senior finance and operations team.
They are looking for an individual who can not only bring a high level of senior financial support to finance and the wider operational teams in the organisation but who can also add commercial and business acumen at a time of immense pressure and challenge!
Key Responsibilities include:
- To provide long and medium term strategic and operational management advice to the Council and construct a Long Term Financial Plan for business planning purposes.
- To translate highly complex data from various systems into a clear and comprehensive financial model for individual business units, and then support the Assistant Director of Finance to create the Trust Annual Plan and Long Term Financial Model.
- To be the key liaison between the Finance and PMO Function, supporting all areas of the business to meet their financial challenges.
- To provide expert accounting and business knowledge, analytical support and clear presentation of financial and business information to clinical and non-clinical colleagues.
- To constructively and positively challenge all aspects of financial and business performance and productivity, including benchmarking data analysis and continued efficiency and improvement savings (CIP).
- To provide cover for the Assistant Director of Finance - Business Partnering on a rotational basis as required.
This is a very commercial role and will require an exceptional individual to quickly get up to speed on all internal requirements and then utilise their business skills to really add value and change in the organisation
Knowledge of the public sector is advantageous but all applicants will be considered on their individual merits and certainly applicants from strong commercial candidates are encouraged
Qualified or equivalent business accolade
What’s on offer?
£50,000 - £60,000 plus LG Benefit package