Treasury Management Officer
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. We will be moving to a new landmark building in 2019 located in Hounslow town centre, and our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance. To find out more please visit: http://hounslowciviccentre.org.uk/
About The Team
An opportunity has arisen for a local authority Treasury and Finance Manager to join the strategic finance section of a large finance department in a vibrant West London Borough.
The purpose of the role is to lead on the treasury management functions, covering all aspects of the role.
- Taking responsibility for the efficient and effective management of the treasury management function. To promote sound financial management and control and ensure that appropriate financial systems and processes are in place.
- maintaining the Treasury Management Systems Documents
- the Treasury Management Strategy at the start of each financial year
- the Annual Report on treasury management activity
- production of the treasury final accounts.
Cash flow duties:-
- to be responsible for monitoring the authority’s cash-flow on a daily, monthly and annual basis
- on daily basis to determine action for day i.e. whether to borrow or to invest
- on annual basis to determine short-term and long-term borrowing requirements, and to regularly review this strategy throughout the year.
- To assess the implications of new legislation/developments and borrowing/investing instruments and take action as necessary.
- To be capable of managing a complex and diverse loans portfolio of £400m, and short term annual investment requirements of £200m
- To be capable of dealing competently with other market professionals, including brokers, and to be able to negotiate complex long-term and short-term borrowing and investment requirements
- To be capable of rapid and complex decision-making within tight deadlines on daily basis
- Ability to provide financial, budget and accounting advice to financial and non-financial staff including compliance with financial regulations and audit recommendations.
Essential for the Role
- You must be a qualified accountant, or working towards qualification.
- You will need two years’ experience of working in the treasury management area within a local authority if you are a full member of CCAB organisation. If not qualified, 4 years relevant experience is required.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact Lorelei.Watson@hounslow.gov.uk
To apply, please visit www.hounslow.gov.uk/jobs
Closing Date: 5th October 2018
Interviews will be held during week commencing: 15th October 2018