A vacancy has arisen at this well established reputable organisation. This exciting charity are recruiting for an up and coming, intelligent, financial accountant to join their growing finance function. As a member of this dynamic team you will be given a solid platform to progress within your role. This role allows the individual the opportunity to work with the Head of Finance as well as line management responsibilities for a Finance Officer. This Academy are known for their excellent working benefits and the enviable support of the finance team to broaden your skillset.
Key accountabilities include:
- Supporting Head of Finance in Implementation and development of the new accounting system
- Liaising with Finance Manager on ad-hoc matters
- Preparation of year end accounts
- Mentoring and developing a finance officer
- Leading of period-end closure activities
- Assisting head of finance with overview of financial data across the academy with view to improve data flow
The successful applicant will be an up and coming financial accountant with an appetite for adding to their existing knowledge based. You will be educated to degree level or equivalent. Applicants must possess or be working towards a professional qualification such as CIPFA, ACCA, ICAEW, CIMA. Strong desire to succeed excel skills are a desirable factor for this post as well as demonstrable knowledge working within the public sector. You must be confident in your ability to communicate across all platforms with senior stakeholders. Previous experience with Exchequer is highly desirable.