Internal Audit Professional (Level 7 MSc)
Have you completed your degree, or have relevant qualifications/experience in this area? Looking for a fantastic opportunity in a beautiful place, with a job offering amazing career prospects?
Are you looking for a great job with structured training which gives you the opportunity to work towards a professional and academic qualification? And a job in a beautiful location, just a few miles from the beach in a vibrant city?
This could be for you.... Cornwall Council are looking to employ two Apprentices, who have completed their degrees and now looking to further their studies whilst training to become a professional.
Becoming an Internal Auditor offers a unique opportunity to gain exposure to senior staff, develop your knowledge and expand strategic awareness.
Internal audit carries out independent appraisals of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the Cornwall Council’s financial, physical and information resources are managed. Internal audit adds value by identifying and commenting upon the adequacy of the organisations response to risk.
You will be supported in your studies to achieving an MSc alongside completing the professional globally recognised internal audit qualification. You will be working in a professional qualified team of experts who are highly motivated and focused on delivering an excellent Internal Audit service to the Council.
Please get your application in and be prepared to start with us in early October - getting you enrolled onto the University course and embedded within the team.
Who is this apprenticeship for?
Internal audit professionals going through this apprenticeship will typically become:
- experts in risk management, internal audit, governance and control;
- highly competent internal auditors undertaking risk based audits to assist Cornwall to meet its priorities;
- developing good stakeholder relationships and acting as an independent assurer;
- reporting into the Internal Audit Principal Manager who will support you through your study and practical audit experience;
- Self-motivated to undertake distance learning/residential study.
- Professional Membership: Chartered Institute of Internal Audit (CIIA)
- Required to complete:
- MSc Internal Audit Management and Consultancy; and
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) Certification; and
- Qualification in Internal Audit Leadership (QIAL)
- On completion: Application for Chartered Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors (CMIIA)
This vacancy will be located at Dalvenie house which is based in New County Hall carpark.
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS criminal record check.
This is a 42 month fixed-term contract to undertake an apprenticeship.
This is a fixed term contract and may represent a suitable secondment opportunity for existing Cornwall Council employees. If you wish to be considered for a secondment, please obtain your manager’s permission before applying.
You will be willing to undertake a programme of work, study and training designed to develop your skills and abilities to achieve the Level 7 Internal Audit Professional Apprenticeship.
Apprenticeships require the ability to undertake regular learning, which may include: travel to the learning provider's location (e.g. college/university); and distance and online learning as required.
The learning provider, location and dates will be confirmed ASAP upon appointment.
You will have the ability to communicate with others using a range of media, use your initiative and to work effectively with the team to support the delivery of service objectives.
Closing Date: 16th September 2018