Deputy Financial Controller
An organisation involved in the regeneration and development of East London is currently recruiting for a Deputy Financial Controller. The role will help the organisation achieve its aim of driving innovation and growth.
The successful applicant will deputise for the Financial Controller and will manage the preparation of timely financial information, providing advice and guidance to the finance team as well as helping drive through improvements and change. The key responsibilities will include;
- Supporting the Financial Controller in the preparation of the annual report and accounts for the group and subsidiaries
- Managing, and driving improvements to, the organisation’s compliance of financial processes, controls and financial governance, to ensure good financial management
- Supporting the Finance Business Partners in the delivery areas with financial analysis and commercial acumen, and highlighting potential risks and opportunities
- Providing leadership and direction to the Finance services team and deputising for the Financial Controller as requested
- Maintaining a high level of VAT knowledge; preparing the quarterly VAT returns and providing support to the business with respect to VAT issues
To be suitable for the role you need to be a fully qualified accountant with strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate and influence both finance and non finance staff. Proven experience of contributing to the preparation of statutory accounts, whilst continually identifying and implementing systems improvements and efficiencies is essential, as is a good understanding of Vat and Tax. An awareness and understanding of the public sector in relation to financial procedures and the management of income streams is desirable but not essential. Application from people with a practice background is encouraged.
An exciting opportunity to work as a Deputy Financial Controller for an organisation involved with helping to regenerate and develop East London