Director Finance - Hospital
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the development, analysis, review, reporting, and monitoring of Hospital's operating budget.
- Coordinate the provision of in depth strategic, business, and budgetary analyses to Hospital Executives and Directors.
- Responds to requests from Executives, Directors, and care providers.
- Triages and directs inquiries to appropriate parties at hospital or corporate level, or performs analysis internally, as required.
- Serves as a facilitator between parties with differing objectives to clarify ownership and maximize benefit to the organization as a whole. Coordinate financial reporting, analysis, and consolidation across organization.
- Work with Finance department to ensure accurate recording of financial transactions and accruals.
- Performs general ledger functions. Prepares journal entries and month-end adjusting entries with the assistance of the Financial Analyst. Runs month-end reports. Analyzes account variances to budget. Posts entries and makes corrections as needed. Participates in regular financial review calls/meetings.
- Review budget requests, coordinate discussions and inform Senior Management regarding requests and status of target achievement during the budget process.
- Assist leadership in evaluation of new programs including analyses on volume, gross revenue, expense and ROI analysis.
- Link revenue and expense budgeting and forecasting, ensuring appropriate growth assumptions are modeled.
- Ensure optimizations of systems other tools used to generate financial, FTE and other reporting needs.
- Continuous improvement of forecast and budget processes including evaluation of budget templates.
- Direct monthly departmental performance review and work with analysts to understand drivers and planned corrective action.
- Oversee development of monthly, quarterly and annual analysis of expenses in support of monthly variance analysis, annual budgets and forecasts.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of Hospital's Finance Office, including direct supervision of employees.
- Oversee all aspects of endowment accounting and reporting, bank reconciliations, intercompany settlements, physician billing for office and housing rentals and any other duties performed by Finance staff.
- Serve as primary contact for any finance-related issues including the cost report and wage index.
- Prepares Finance Committee reports and works with committee on issues and special projects.
- Oversees bank reconciliations and ensures bank deposits are made in a timely manner, making deposits in the absence of the assigned staff. Prepare wire transfers or other cash transfers.
- Serve as Capital Manager. Sets up capital projects, checks for any projects in service and change status from active to operational. Prepares journals for billing of externally funded capital expenses.
- Runs financials for Board, including any additional reports requested by the leadership.
- Participate in all aspects of the budget process. Compiles budget materials, attends meetings with CEO, Managers and Directors, makes changes as necessary and works on finalizing budget. Runs monthly budget variance reports with accompanying detail for managers and directors. Answers questions and provides backup as needed. Reclassifies expenses as necessary.
- Work with auditors to provide all reports, detail and analysis as needed for payroll, accounts payable and general ledger.
- Act as the contact person for and maintains a professional relationship with outside accountants, and Partners' finance department.
- Primary duties include the exercise of discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance in the Hospital's operations.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient information in accordance with Hospital policy and applicable statutes and regulations.
- Complete other duties as required or directed.
- CPA or Masters degree in accounting or business (MBA) obtained from an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Ten years of progressive financial experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in financial analysis.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities in a team environment and able to work collaboratively with others.
- Experience directly managing staff with the ability to coach and mentor employees.
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational and analytical skills. Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) with the ability to communicate with all levels of the organization including staff, management, and physicians.
- Strong computer skills with experience in spreadsheets, word processing and Internet.
Job Type: Full-time