Head of Business Partnering
A Council currently going through a huge transform programme to ensure that the services they provide match the local community’s needs, as well as being dynamic and responsive to the demands of the future is currently recruiting for a Head of Business Partnering to support the Corporate Services. They are looking for an innovative individual who is passionate about moving away from traditional accounting and towards professional services, quality assurance, matrix working and accelerating pace.
As well as leading on the transformation of their department the Head of Business Partnering will be the key contacts for senior stakeholders including Cabinet Members, corporate directors, and operational directors, for all strategic finance and business partnering matters. This will cover aspects including: -
- Implementing and embedding a business partnering model, ensuring the ethos of business partnering is adopted within the finance team and services.
- Promoting and developing a culture that supports a Self Service approach to service delivery.
- Financially supporting the delivery of complex strategic initiatives and transformation.
- Driving the delivery of productivity and efficiency improvement and cost reduction plans across the Council so that the transformation strategy can be achieved.
- Undertaking longer term financial modelling and planning.
To be suitable for this role you need to be a highly motivated, customer focused CCAB (or CIMA) qualified candidate with a proven track record of driving through change and influencing and negotiating with senior stakeholders. Previous experience of embedding a business partnering approach within a large and complex organisation is also essential.
As there is a very short recruitment timeline, we strongly recommend applying as soon as possible.