Head of Financial Accounts
I am proud to be supporting Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health NHS Trust in their search for a Head of Financial Accounts. The Trust is a large provider of integrated mental health services across Barnet, Enfield and Haringey and also provide adult and children community health services in Enfield. Since 2014, they have also been “University Affiliated” with Middlesex University which will facilitate stronger working relationships between experienced academics and experienced clinicians.
As the Head of Financial Accounts, you will be supporting the Head of Financial Assurance with the day to day operation for the financial accounts team, including financial stewardship, capital accounting, treasury management and the production of both statutory accounts and monthly finance reporting. You will be responsible for your own team and will need to be adept at managing both your own and your team’s priorities.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Leading on the production of draft statutory accounts;
- Supporting in the provision of information to internal and external auditors by maintaining clear and accurate working papers through the year;
- Supervising the production of the Charitable Funds annual report and accounts;
- Managing the financial aspects of the capital programme;
- Preparing an annual cash flow plan/forecast, using historical analysis and advanced forecasting techniques.
The successful applicant will be a CCAB-qualified accountant with a minimum of two years post qualification experience. You will ideally come from the wider public sector, commercial or practice. You will be able to demonstrate the key technical skills required within the role, but also a strong sense of leadership qualities and management skills and will be adaptable to the individual needs of your team members. The successful individual will have an excellent attention to detail and an ability to provide and receive complex, sensitive and contentious information. You will be able to work flexibility to tight deadlines and under pressure. Finally, you will be able to convey financial information to non-financial staff with authority and clarity.