Financial Strategy Manager
I am recruiting for one of our Local Government clients who are looking for a Financial Strategy Manager on a Part- Time basis.
The post holder will have the responsibility of delivering, managing and developing the Financial Strategy function across two councils complying with statutory requirements and deadlines, balancing planned and reactive requirements ,delivering subject matter expertise on all financial strategy requirements.
- Line manage up to 3 FTEs within the financial strategy and reporting team and provide performance management which drives high standards of performance and achieves excellent outcomes
- Control and coordination of the Council’s Medium Term Financial Planning and detailed budget setting process for reporting to Council Committees and senior officers within required timescales
- Analysis of grant settlements and forecasting of income from Council Tax, Business Rates, Grants and other sources
- Respond to consultations and assess the financial impact of new legislation as required
- Production of Collection Fund accounts and forecasting for both Council’s
- Lead on reporting of Corporate Financial health, incorporating regular budget monitoring, balance sheet and reserves position and other key financial indicators.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers including the Sutton Corporate Management Team, Kingston Strategic Leadership Team, Service managers and external partners across Kingston and Sutton Councils
- Act as the finance lead on corporate transformation project
- Completed relevant professional qualification (CIPFA, CIMA, MBA etc) or demonstrate equivalent experience of operating at that level
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation going through a period change and help the team develop, sharing with them your previous skills and experience to allow the Finance division to flourish.